VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

Good feature set and has reduced troubleshooting time

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for the performance monitoring. It's been performing well.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped our organization a great deal in terms of being able to identify and troubleshoot problems. The time it takes to troubleshoot has been reduced. It has also helped with its capacity planning features.

What is most valuable?

Various metrics that we have for all the particular performance features, like CPU monitoring, memory, storage and so forth are the most valuable features for us.

I also find this solution to be intuitive and user-friendly. Their feature set is very good.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see them add a little bit more functionality and the ability to create more dashboards.

Stability is good. We haven't had any major issues with it.

Scalability is pretty good. The fact that we can actually use it to expand on other aspects of it by adding additional packs is really good.

We have rarely needed to use their technical support. They're pretty good.

I was involved with one out of two of the setups we did. It wasn't very complex. We had a little bit of trouble in the beginning but nothing was significant enough that prevented us from moving forward.

When selecting a vendor reliability and ease of setup is something that is very important to us and are the reasons why we proceeded with this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution as an eight and a half. I would tell a colleague who is considering this solution that it's worth investing in.

More VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with SolarWinds Virtualization Manager
Learn what your peers think about VMware vRealize Operations (vROps). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.