VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

What is our primary use case?

We use it to identify performance issues and configure compute resources.

How has it helped my organization?

Currently, we are setting up automation with compute resources, shutting our servers down, and reallocating them. When we go into our busy season, it will allow us to be hands offs. It will perform everything for us.

This solution has helped to reduce time to troubleshoot issues, improve quality of service to users, and provide costs savings through higher capacity utilization. The system dashboards allow us to drill down into systems and find how they are talking to each other. They allow us to fix issues quickly and easily for the end user.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is compute.

What needs improvement?

There is a lot of stuff which is hard to read and understand. I must do a lot of research to understand what is going on with the hardware.

It's good. I haven't had any downtime with it.

It is easy to upgrade. It takes an hour or more to upgrade, and I am confident after an upgrade that it will be back up and running when I arrive in the morning.

If you want to scale, you must have management packs. For example, you can bring in Blue Medora and have them create the management packs for you.

For the most part, we have all the scalability that we need. We feel confident that we can grow our infrastructure with the product.

When I have used technical support, they were good. I would rate them as an eight out of 10. They have good people. However, sometimes they are slow, and sometimes, they are fast. It depends on whom you get.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

We have seen ROI in performance. It used to be our company was giving out eight CPUs to all servers. That was bad performance-wise. People were seeing slow compute times for their applications.

What other advice do I have?

Take a look at the whole vRealize suite. They all interactive with each other. It can provide you with streamlined automation. It can get your company to where it needs to be.