VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

Helps make sure everything runs at optimal performance and to manage resources

What is our primary use case?

We use it to monitor our VMware infrastructure.

How has it helped my organization?

It's very useful in making sure everything stays up and running at optimal performance. It's a matter of not having to continually monitor it by opening VMware and vCenter and looking at it. You can actually set it up to alert you if there's any problem. That's the biggest benefit.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the way you can look at your virtual machine and see if it's using too many resources or not enough, and you can add resources to it if you need to, or take some away to save on them.

From an IT department perspective, it does help in reducing the time to troubleshoot issues and in providing cost savings through higher capacity utilization.

It's mostly stable. There are a few glitches with it, but no downtime.

It's scalable.

I feel that I was better able to troubleshoot it myself by using Google than by using the tech support.

Before, we were just using basic VMware with no vCenter. We bought into the whole vSphere, and it came with the vROps.

The setup was fairly straightforward. There's a little bit of a learning curve to use it, but once you get it, it's pretty easy to use.

I wouldn't really call it ROI. It's more just a valuable tool for monitoring. It came with the package we bought for VMware.

I don't really know of any alternative solutions.

What other advice do I have?

It's definitely worth using.