VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

Helps an organization quickly create test and dev environments for developers to come up with new software and patch tests

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is operations management for our customers, who are looking for more insight into their environments.

How has it helped my organization?

Our customer was able to tell their environment was overprovisioning VMs. So, they decommissioned some VMs, which had been created, and also wrote a policy around the creation of VMs. Now, people don't just randomly create VMs and use up all the company's resources.

It helps an organization quickly create test and dev environments for developers to come up with new software and patch tests.

What is most valuable?

• Its predication ability.
  • Its GUI is easy to use, which makes it user-friendly.

Stability is good right from the start. Everything works smoothly. Integration with other systems is good.

Scalability is very good. For example, there was one VM that we thought would not need a lot of resources, then we had to expand its resources on the fly.

Tech support is amazing. They will walk you through the implementation.

The initial setup is straightforward and intuitive. If you have all the data, networks, IPs, etc., then everything is easy.

The customer also has a chance to migrate some of their physical infrastructure onto the virtual environment.

The real ROI is the amount of savings seen on the infrastructure.

Get the right licensing and increase your licensing as you upgrade and grow. If you get the wrong licensing, it will be expensive, especially if you plan improperly.

I've tried other solutions in the industry, and vROps is a good product in comparison.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend the solution.

It is next, next, and next to use. You don't need to have much high tech knowledge. It is very intuitive.