VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

It speeds up troubleshooting. We can see what is happening on our platform.

What is our primary use case?

We use it for various operations to monitor and have some visibility over the platform.

How has it helped my organization?

All our capacity management and capacity planning processes are based on vROps. Without this tool, we are unable to predict what we need, at what time we need to purchase new hardware, whether we should upgrade, etc.

What is most valuable?

The reports about usability, the free and available space, and capacity on the platform. These reports are the best that we have.

What needs improvement?

It can be more intuitive and user-friendly. We would like some artificial intelligence behind it to predict, instead of what we do now which is configuring vROps is to show what you have.

We would like easier customer reporting, because to do customer reports, we have to do a lot of programming.

Three to five years.

The stability is superb.

We chose VMware because of its scalability. If you need to grow and scale, there is no solution on the market like vROps.

We have used techncial support several times, but not for errors. We haven't needed support for vROps though, which is a pretty easy and straightforward product. We have been a VMware customer for over ten years, so we have contacted them for other products.

For many years, we used an outsourced monitoring solution, which was an HPE platform. However, it was basically useless. So, after five years of fighting, they finally gave us the green light to go for something which was built for a virtualization environment.

The initial setup is easy.

We were one of the first in our country to implemented these technologies. From time to time, in special cases, we use our expertise. Currently, we are handling 90 percent internally.

We evaluated several other vendors. However, at the price VMware offered us, there was no reason to chose anyone else.

What other advice do I have?

It speeds up troubleshooting. Overall, we can see what is happening on our platform. On the other hand, the VMware platform is so stable that there is nothing to maintain.

More VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) reviews from users