VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

Enables us to adjust efficiency from inside the infrastructure

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to manage our huge VMware infrastructure based on the public and private cloud and dedicated infrastructure. We use it to see if the VM is a good or bad size and to see if we can reduce the cost. We also use it to adjust the memory, and CPU, and to increase the network storage.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability it has to adjust the efficiency inside the infrastructure.

We do and we don't find this solution to be user-friendly. It's intuitive because in a manner of a few minutes you can see the value. It's complex to manage because there are a lot of options and metrics. It's complex when you want to do something very specific.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see them implement multi-tenancy on the product itself and the option to manage it in one team. At the moment some of the objects are only available to one user and I'd like for it to be available to the whole team.

It's quite stable. We've had one or two issues due to storage space used by the solution because there is no specific agent for monitoring the solution from the outbox.

Scalability is quite nice.

We've never had to request support for this solution.

We didn't use a solution previously to this one. I think it's the best solution on the market in terms of capacity monitoring. I didn't find a similar solution with the same amount of capacities. This solution was the only one that was on the shortlist because the tool is not concurrent to monitoring tools.

The setup was straightforward and easy.

We deployed ourselves and we also provide service to our customers with this tool.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine because I think that the tool is very powerful and we are very happy with the product. I couldn't imagine finding a similar product that would have the same abilities as this one.

If you're looking into this or a similar solution I would advise you to do VMware's training on it because it's the best training I have had with VMware. I always refer back to the information I got from the training.