VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

Provides visual dashboards to ensure the entire workload is functioning properly

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is that we are transforming our customer's physical and virtual infrastructure, who are afraid of anything that can happen in a virtual environment. Our job is to make a sort of private cloud, not to sell virtual machines, but to host the workload.

How has it helped my organization?

The main point of installing, deploying, and troubleshooting with vRealize Operations is to provide visual dashboards to ensure that the entire workload is functioning properly. Because we sell our infrastructure to clients, they need to be able to operate it. Therefore, they must have the visibility, even if they don't know how the system works from the inside.

What is most valuable?

We have to be stable to provide high availability because it's a high value market. Therefore, we have to ensure everything works all the time.

It is intuitive and user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

We are looking to optimize all the parts. For example, vCenter can be fully deployed automatically, which is not the case with vROps. We can click some next buttons to integrate vCenter and would like these type of features for vROps, if possible.

Less than one year.

It is stable.

The technical support is good and helpful.

The initial setup is easy.

We bought the server from a third-party.

The first thing that we did was ask VMware what type of hardware we should buy. They helped us by providing insight in which type of server to buy, then they helped us by providing the support to integrate the solution.

We chose VMware and its solution because it was the most easily supportable. We know some of their consultants and our people know the products.

What other advice do I have?

Use VMware to support the solution. Don't go at it alone.