VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

Enables us to claim back resources that have been wasted on applications or on servers that didn't need them

Video:

What is our primary use case?

We use vROps primarily for maximizing efficiency across the boards. We also use it for monitoring servers, seeing where we can gain back some efficiencies, and where we're wasting resources.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved my organization by claiming back resources that have been wasted on applications or on servers that just didn't need them. Having a tool that shows that information on a pretty regular basis has been very helpful.

Definitely has reduced time to troubleshoot. You can get a lot of information out of it very quickly, whereas traditionally, you'd be going on servers and pulling out logs and doing it the long way around. Whereas here it is sort of a single pane, where you can access things quite quickly.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features would be the forecasting and the ability to see where waste is.

I very much find this solution to be intuitive and user-friendly. It's like all VMware products. Once you know one of them, you can navigate around most of them.

What needs improvement?

I know that they talk a lot about AI and a sort of forecasting ahead of time. It's a good application, but it has to wait for a certain period of time to actually do an analysis. If it would give you that ahead of time, or even forecasting, it would be really improved.

Has been extremely stable. We've had no outages or any issues with it across the board, since it's gone in on day one.

In terms of scalability, it's grown along with ourselves. We're a constantly expanding company, and it's scaled to fit every time. I haven't had to go back and re-architect it at any stage.

Their technical support is extremely technical. I'd give them a nine out of ten when it comes to technical capabilities. We're constantly upscaling all the time and have to go back and retrain on certain areas. That is a great advantage.

We use a third party reseller, called Triangle Technologies. We have used them for a lot of our hardware as well. They worked hand in hand to bring VMware in.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a solid nine because there's always room for improvement. I would highly suggest using the product. Its benefits vastly outweigh the price that it costs, the time it takes to implement, and what it can do for your SaS is unbelievable.