VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

Tells us when we must buy new storage or a new host and finds out what the issue is with big VMs

Video

What is our primary use case?

We use vROps to monitor and manage our environment. We sell VMware as a cloud to private cloud and to big companies who don't choose to install VMware on their site.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to monitor our compute and that it tells us when we must buy new storage or a new host. It finds out what the issue is with big VMs.

It is user-friendly. All VMware products are.

Stability is good. I don't have any problems with this product and upgrades are very easy because it's just click two buttons and next, next, next, finish.

We can choose the license which is stable and scale out when our company's bigger than vROps.

When you are at your lowest, support is pretty bad. They ask you dumb questions but when you come to second and upper service desk, it is much easier and much better to talk to and resolve the issue.

We weren't previously using another solution. We use Zabbix for monitoring our environment. Zabbix gave us some monitoring issues, but vROps gives us something more, something predictable.

The initial setup was easy to set up. I didn't have any problems with this product.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product from VMware. If you need some analytical tools, I would recommend this product.

I would rate this solution a seven. I don't give tens because something could always be better.