VMware vSAN Review

In a production environment, it increases provisioning, security and provides faster deployment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are:

• Automation
  • RecoverPoint for VMware
  • Self-healing capability

In a production environment, these features ramp up the provisioning, security and provides faster deployment.

What needs improvement?

There is not much improvement needed. If you work with the HC Platform, vSAN is not directly touched, i.e., once the HC appliance takes care of it.

I have worked with VxRail, which is a Hyper converged Platform, as it has vSAN embedded as well as it is fully automated the vSAN configuration.

As I did not work with the implementation, but the analyses of functionalities of VxRAIL, would be unfair tell how vSAN would be improved.

I have used this solution for nine months (but only for sales proposal, it has not been implemented, just technical sales information).

I did not encounter any stability issues.

I did not encounter any scalability issues.

Always when I was in need of any technical support, I was promptly answered by them.

As I have worked with the HC Platform, the setup was very simple and easy.

For Latin America, the costs are very higher; even if you go deep on functionalities, but still it is sellable.

What other advice do I have?

Work hard on the sizing matters.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a business partner.