VMware vSphere Review

VMware vSphere Rocks

What is most valuable?

vSphere is very easy to navigate and manage.

How has it helped my organization?

As a Tech Mktg Engineer, this product helps us develop test environments quickly.

What needs improvement?

The scroll window of processes at the bottom of the UI for the vSphere client is sometimes is hard to adjust.

About 4 months

Customer Service: I did not have to contact them.Technical Support: n/a

n/a. It was already set up for me.

In house.

Not sure

What other advice do I have?

It works very well.
6 Comments

author avatar

Can you share the link so that I can download it, even it still means operating within the 32Gb trial version.

author avatar

hi trevor, VSphere does not work like that, VShpere is actually the term used for the paid version of vmware virtual infrastructure that includes all the advanced features. if you want to use or test it for free with advanced features like HA, Fault tolerance, cluster, vmotion or so... you can download the esxi hypervisor from vmware website.

www.vmware.com

You'll have to create an account which shouldn't cost you anything. The trial versions of their products lasts usually 60 days, however they usually offer an open source version of many of their solutions that don't have an expiration. If you don't already some Linux skills its a good reason to start building yours today (smile). They also have a lot of free online training. Be sure to navigate the Training section of the VMware website. Its good material.

Top ReviewerVendor

Thanks Carlos for sharing link. Could someone please guide where do I need to contact for licensing? I am not able to locate the licensing option on the web.

Top 5LeaderboardReseller

No problem, there, I am a licensed reseller of VMware.

Let me know what products you are interested in and I can provide quotes any VMware product.

If you are looking for something that is free download where you can play with it for 60 days, go to vmware.com, create an account, click on the downloads link and it says "Trials and Evaluate products" - https://www.vmware.com/try-vmware

Todd - sales@itotsnetworks.com (VMware Certified Specialists)

Top 5LeaderboardReseller

One thing I noticed, there are scalability issues, this is based on the database and the distance from the primary datacenter. No matter what you use, there are limitations as it relates.

I am submitting the min/max guides for your review - http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere5/r55/vsphere-55-configuration-maximums.pdf.

Todd