VMware vSphere Review

Works wonders. Very useful product for trying different software products. All the tools are very easy to use.

Valuable Features:

• Scripted installation.
  • Host Profiles.
  • Web Client.
  • Windows Client

Improvements to My Organization:

Previously we used one server per application, this product has increased our hardware utilization.

Room for Improvement:

For managing many ESXi's at once vCenter is required. when the number of ESXi is smaller, it is not practical to have a vCenter server. This should at least be solved especially for a test/development environment. This may be solved using a Application installed on the end user system like a windows machine where the credentials of the ESXi servers are then pre-configured and a double click is sufficient to open the console. (I am talking of the use case where advanced features of vcenter is not used.)

Use of Solution:

One Year, qe are not using it in our organization. It is being used in out Lab environment for R&D purposes.

Deployment Issues:

I have not found a way to automatically do console redirection to the COM port after scripted installation.

Stability Issues:

Very stable system.

Scalability Issues:

Scalable to any level.

Implementation Team:

In house team using the official guides available.