VMware vSphere Review

It has fast server provisioning and improves disaster recovery.

Valuable Features

Virtualization is the most valuable feature. Without it, working in the cloud and IT life as we know it is not possible.

Improvements to My Organization

• Fast server provisioning
  • Saves energy
  • It's green
  • Improves disaster recovery

I have configured our environment in a way by which it will ease the process of provisioning the VMs by using automation workflows within the VMware environment.

Disaster recovery is very much helpful for any business where you require a maximum uptime or minimal downtime. We have two environments configured, hosted in two different locations, so if we encounter a disaster at one site, the network infrastructure will switch to the other site with minimal downtime (maximum 15 minutes).

Use of Solution

I've used it for over three years.

There were challenges with the compatibility, design and architecture. If these three things are perfect on your table, then you will not face any issues while deploying anything. In our scenario, we encountered some issues with compatibility.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

7/10.

8/10.

I was using Citrix. vSphere is far better than Citrix, in my opinion. There was a time that when you wanted to deploy a VDI environment, there would be no reason not to choose XenServers. But now, VMware vSphere is providing not just the VDI platform, but also the complete virtualization infrastructure with very good features.

It is always straightforward if you follow the documentation.

Implementation Team

I tried it myself in-house in my lab environment.

ROI

I have learned a lot and am still learning.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It's worthwhile investing as VMware is a leader in the virtualization market.

Other Solutions Considered

• Citrix
  • Hyper-V

Other Advice

Go ahead and implement it as you will enjoy using it.