VMware vSphere Review

It's saved us costs, greatly reducing the number of physical servers, although it could be improved with more storage capabilities and hot-adding of devices.

Valuable Features

Cost, for one thing, it greatly reduces from physical servers.

Improvements to My Organization

Time, it saves me time. It’s also much easier to manage.

Room for Improvement

More storage capabilities would be great. Also, more hot-adding of devices would be helpful.

Fairly stable – we have issues, but overall it’s a very stable product that doesn’t require much legwork to run.

Not much experience, so I wouldn’t know.

They’ve been extremely helpful. Basically, we create a ticket and they assign a technician that usually calls us back within an hour. They usually do a great job of diagnosing and fixing the problem.

We were using hardware before, we started that in that development phase and realized the benefits of virtual environments and started migrating over.

It’s fairly straightforward.

Other Solutions Considered

I always look at the technical support, product availability, and product stability when selecting a new product. We just looked into vSphere though as there’s nothing else like it.

Other Advice

Nobody’s perfect, but it’s great for our needs, and I would absolutely recommend the product.