VMware vSphere Review

We're able to manage our infrastructure of 12,000 users from a central location, although the web client, which uses HTML5, could be better.

What is most valuable?

We're able to centrally manage our infrastructure.

How has it helped my organization?

Its ability to tie into Veeam is really slick – that makes using Veeam really easy.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see a different client. I know they are doing the HTML5 stuff with the web client, which has potential, but it could be better.

I think it’s great – we've never had any issues and we've been using it for a long time, about five years.

I think it's really good, it's good for our size and for our future growth. Our company has around 12,000 users.

I haven’t had a lot of interaction because I haven’t really needed to, but when I have they’ve been responsive and support has been good.

No. Our parent company has Hyper-V and it’s no good.

It’s pretty straightforward, not complex at all.

I would highlight compatibility with hosts, ease of use, consistency, reliability – all things that are better than Hyper-V.

What other advice do I have?

Peer reviews are significant, but you can tell the most from firsthand experience.