VMware vSphere Review

It's allowed me to aggregate resources, including reducing the number of physical machines from about 200 to 30.

Valuable Features

The ability to aggregate resources.

Improvements to My Organization

We have saved money, reducing the number of physical machines. I probably would have had a couple hundred machines and I now have about thirty.

Room for Improvement

I can't even think of anything – it does everything I need it to.

I love it – over the years its been one of the most stable platforms I've ever dealt with. The platform is more stable than the OS running on it.

I think it’s great. It’s been able to grow even as we care for more and more patients.

I love it. I’ve had great experience with VMware support – they have never failed to resolve an issue or understand how we got there so I don’t get to that issue again.

I wasn’t there for the initial setup, but it's very straightforward.

Other Solutions Considered

When choosing a vendor we look at

• Support
  • Usability
  • Cost

You should also talk to someone knowledgeable not just online research – someone who can help cover questions that wouldn’t normally get covered.

Other Advice

Peer reviews are important but not the highest. There are a few groups I look to specifically, one of which is Spiceworks, but I respect the people I’ve dealt with.