VMware vSphere Review

From compute and storage perspectives, we use our resources more efficiently. But although I wasn't involved in initial setup, they should apply consistent policies and have them function singularly.

Valuable Features

It gives us flexibility in deploying infrastructure. With vMotion, we're able to move critical VMs around our cluster infrastructure, which we manage with DRS.

Improvements to My Organization

From a compute and storage perspective, we're able to use our resources much more efficiently.

Room for Improvement

it’s so simple that it’s idiot proof.

We never have a problem. It’s almost set it and forget it. Once configured, it takes care of itself. Usually any issues are with hardware, which can’t be helped. With vSphere running on UCS, we’re thrilled.

We’ve needed to scale and have had no problems in deploying nodes into clusters and getting their profiles. It’s very simple.

We've not had to engage them in some time. In the past, we never had a bad experience. We had complex tech issues which we worked through the night and they stayed with me on the phone.

I was not involved, but it would be simple to apply consistent set of policies and get them to function as a single entity.

Other Advice

It’s incredibly mature and simple. It’s one of those things where you say “why not?”