VMware vSphere Review

Although we're new to this, the ability to automate will save our company money and IT time.

Valuable Features

Ability to automate deployments. We’re very new to this, but the potential from an automation standpoint will save our company money and IT time. Our ROI will see an impact with the potential that vRealize brings.

Improvements to My Organization

They understand end-user needs and provision tools that let us do day-to-day deployments and enhancements. It’s a product that continues to grow based on customer needs.

Room for Improvement

The web tool could be improved, if that’s the direction they’re going, then they need to put more resources towards it to make it good. If we’re forced to use it based on hardware, it should be improved.

Good experiences. With any tool, there’s room for growth that could enhance it.

It's extremely scalable. Our limitations are our own creativity. The key is understanding the business need. If you understand that, scalability is only limited by forecasting. You must know your own products.

Great tech support. I love those guys. Every time I had a ticket, I could escalate, and they’d work in tandem with other vendors (i.e. NetApp) to find solution.

I wasn't part of initial set-up, but I believe it’s complex based on the senior engineer’s experience. For example, right now the metrics to upgrade is complex, requiring certain elements.

Other Advice

Access the enormous amount of virtual apps they have to get practical performance instead of just the KB to deploy.

1 visitor found this review helpful