VMware vSphere Review

One of the benefits is that you can deploy a virtual machine and any environment you want in seconds.

Video Review:

Valuable Features

One of the most valuable features of vCenter is the high availability feature so we can have basically one of the out warehouse to DIMS and all of our important VMs are still running.

Improvements to My Organization

One of the benefits is that you can just deploy a virtual machine and any environment you want in seconds.

Room for Improvement

I guess all the features I'd like to see of future releases are being announced for version 6.1. All my needs are satisfied right now.

Use of Solution

We're using VMware vCenter based on ESX for virtualization. For our development teams, we're using VMware Player as well as Workstation.

In terms of stability, we didn't have any problems yet so it's basically rock solid.

Scalability, you can just add hosts to the vSphere solution for whatever you need.

We haven't had to use tech support yet because the solution just runs.

We knew that we needed to go for virtualization because there was this big messy server wreck with all those bare metal old servers in there. It was just crazy in terms of service. We switched to virtualization, now we're good to go.

The initial setup was pretty easy. I mean, I guess, we have a pretty small environment but we had a few problems with upgrading. But those were solved by our partners.

Other Solutions Considered

We didn't consider any other vendors because all the other vendors didn't have the great support and the great features that you can expect from VMware.

Other Advice

We didn't have any problems. If you're starting to use vSphere solutions, I guess the first thing you should do is check hardware compatibility list to make sure that all your hardware is going to be compatible with your software. After that, if you run into any problems, just check the VMware knowledge base. Basically all the information you'd need is in there.