VMware vSphere Review
It helps us in the management of thousands of VMs in the coverage UI
What is our primary use case?
- Cloud computing service (IaaS)
- Private/hybrid cloud
- Virtualization infrastructure
- Virtualization desktop infrastructure.
How has it helped my organization?
- High availability causes downtime service because it is needed to reboot VMs.
- Fault tolerance is limited by the four vCPUs.
- The service provider is not easy to integrate via API like OpenStack.
What is most valuable?
vCloud Director, because we may use it as the dashboard for providing cloud services.
- vSphere, because it helps us in the management of thousands of VMs in the coverage UI.
What needs improvement?
The SDK/API to help SPs (service providers) provide the pay-as-you-go business model in cloud service.
For how long have I used the solution?
One to three years.
**Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Last updated: Apr 01 2019