VMware Workspace ONE Review

A very good product that is easy to deploy, manage, and maintain

What is most valuable?

Cloud-based VMware Workspace ONE is very good. It is easy to deploy and manage. Maintenance is also quite simple.

What needs improvement?

Pricing is the only challenge right now. The licensing fee should be simplified a little bit. They have kept too many products as add-ons. These need to be bundled with the low-cost, standard version. This will help customers in adopting this technology at a faster pace.

We have been dealing with VMware Workspace ONE for almost four years.

A customer faced one global downtime in India. Apart from that, I have not seen any downtime. It's pretty stable.

Scalability is absolutely fine. We have experience with scaling 5,000 users so far.

In terms of technical support, we are almost L1, L2, and L3 because VMware offloads the complete professional or PSO service to us. We deployed a complete VMware PSO for a system in India. We don't generally see many challenges. There are a few challenges for which we take help from the support team, and we find them very good.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward, especially the cloud setup is very simplified.

Deployment duration depends on the customer success criteria or the scope of work. We have handled 3,000 and 5,000 users deployments. It took one and a half months to role out 1,500 users. Our largest scope was around 5,000 users, which took almost two months to complete.

It depends on the number of users because you need Windows 10 management, mobile management, and everything you want to see. If it is a greenfield deployment, then it's very straightforward. If it is not a straightforward greenfield deployment, integration also takes some time. Everything is a working field where we need to manage the timeline, production, clean window, and communication with customers and users, which takes some time.

There is a separate cost for technical support and extra premium features. The pricing should be simplified.

What other advice do I have?

We are the first master service in India. We are a service partner, and we are deploying this solution for our customers. A few deployments are on-premises, and a few are on the cloud. Cloud deployment is simple, but from the security point of view, few banks want to deploy it on-premises.

I absolutely recommend VMware Workspace ONE. It's a very good product. They should keep improving the pricing and innovation of the product. Otherwise, the customer will not be convinced about the cost. That's the only problem. India is very cost-sensitive. Everyone wants everything free in India, which is a big problem.

I would rate VMware Workspace ONE a ten out of ten.

More VMware Workspace ONE reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Jamf Pro
Learn what your peers think about VMware Workspace ONE. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.