VMware Workspace ONE Review

Good policy-driven control and visibility, straightforward to set up, and the support is helpful

What is our primary use case?

We are using this product for BYOD and mobility management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is policy-driven control of the devices.

The visibility of these devices is very good.

It integrated well with my existing data classification tool.

What needs improvement?

VMware should develop an integrated platform for their security products to give a singular integrated and holistic view of the devices covered by different security products whether Workspace One or Carbon Black. Should also look at having a common end point agent to be deployed as an added advantage to customers who own both the products Workspace One as well as the recently acquired EDR - Carbon Black.

Also, VMware should have a special support package for on premise setups so that the same value is realised by customers similar to cloud based deployment.

We have been using this product for about one year.

We have not had problems with stability beyond the sorts of issues that you have with new products. Normally, it requires a bit of help from the support team.

Easy scalable.

The technical support from VMware is pretty good. I have not seen any tickets open for more than four days.

No. Workspace One is our first solution.

The initial setup was straightforward. For us, it was more about how we were deploying it and what resources were needed. Our deployment took place over a period of three months.

I would suggest accessing support from VMware when you begin the implementation.

We have a team that is a combination of in-house and outsourced people. Importantly, once this product is deployed and working well, you don't require much maintenance. One or two people for administration is sufficient.

Too soon to comment but would be interesting to see the invested cost break even next year.

Decent pricing. Device based licensing is the best approach.

When we were evaluating enterprise mobility management solutions, it was between VMware, Blackberry, Maas360, MobileIron.

What other advice do I have?

Workspace One is a product that I strongly recommend. They are the leader in the category and it's a wonderful product. My advice for anybody who is implementing it is to focus on what they need to achieve in the organization and build a strategy for that. This is what the relationship with the product should be based on.

My approach was to integrate my existing solution with the new one that was under procurement, and it was a good fit that met my requirements. I would suggest this strategy for any new product that is being on-boarded.

For somebody using the cloud version, with reduced maintenance, I think that this would be a ten out of ten product. In my case, however, as my team is not the expert in maintaining this product and are in learning phase, I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More VMware Workspace ONE reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Jamf Pro
Learn what your peers think about VMware Workspace ONE. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.