VMware Workspace ONE Review

A stable product and the interface for SCAP is good

What is our primary use case?

We use Workspace ONE with our shared devices.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the interface with SCAP, which is the Security Content Automation Protocol.

What needs improvement?

The reverse proxy is not intuitive and it takes time to get it right, so this is something that can be improved.

The cost of this product is a little high and should be reduced.

There are a lot of interfaces and components, which makes the setup a little bit complex.

If you have a lot of shared devices and want to have a mass deployment, then it is time-consuming to do. They have a feature where you can send out a code for enrollment under VMware, to obtain a user ID, but even with that, it has to be done one by one. You have to go inside and dig out the code, one at a time, and record it. It would be helpful if it generated a report so that you could use it to talk with the team. As it is now, it is not difficult but it could have been done better.

We have been using VMware Workstation ONE for a few months.

This product is quite stable.

I presume that it is scalable.

We have used and are still using other similar solutions.

The initial setup for us was simplified because we started with implementing a PoC. There are too many interfaces involved, which makes it complex at the start of the deployment.

The cost is a little bit high.

What other advice do I have?

As we have just begun using this product, we are still comparing some of the features that it has.

More VMware Workspace ONE reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Jamf Pro
Learn what your peers think about VMware Workspace ONE. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.