VMware Workspace ONE Review

A simple and secure enterprise platform that delivers and manages apps

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use VMware Workspace ONE for managing Macs and iOS devices.

What needs improvement?

Although it's supposed to be compatible with Chromebooks and Windows, we find that it's quite limited. I think it doesn't work properly with Chromebooks because you need a Google license to manage them. For this reason, we didn't end up using AirWatch with Chromebooks.

The overall accuracy could also be improved. It's not accurate enough when it comes to sending items to end-users.

I have been using VMware Workspace ONE for three years.

VMware Workspace ONE has been stable so far.

My main concern with the support is that they don't have a team. You always get a freelancer — often there are difficulties relating to language barriers. Sometimes they are experts, sometimes they are not.

I didn't do the initial setup by myself. I had to hire a consultant and some other specialists to do it for me.

VMware Workspace ONE is not cheap; it's quite expensive. However, in the end, they gave us a reasonable price.

What other advice do I have?

If you have Mac or SNIS devices, it works fine and the price will be reasonable. If you have a lot of money to invest, there are better options out there.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give VMware Workspace ONE a rating of eight.

There should be more powerful features available for Mac, like what GEMS has already introduced — especially in regards to the level of system updates, and software updates. It should be easier to manage things, especially for Mac. If they improved this, I would give them a higher rating.

More VMware Workspace ONE reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Jamf Pro
Learn what your peers think about VMware Workspace ONE. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.