VMware Workspace ONE Review

Streamlines employee management and supports many different operating systems

What is our primary use case?

I have used VMware Workspace ONE to manage and support the applications and operating systems (including Windows) used by staff in environments with all different kinds of requirements.

What is most valuable?

The feature with the highest rating for me is its employee management. I can also praise how versatile it is in terms of operating systems. It has good support for multiple operating systems and can easily manage them all. Not just that, but it can also support any kind of tool that can be run on all these operating systems.

What needs improvement?

From an identity perspective, there is a lot of room for improvement when it comes to integration with other solutions. I would say it needs more capabilities in terms of direct integrations, including cloud identity solution integrations.

Other areas of improvement are the synchronization functionality, as well as group management. I believe these areas could do with some polish. But beyond that, I wouldn't say anything else needs to be revamped.

I have been using VMware Workspace ONE for almost three years now.

It's a stable product, but regarding their capability in terms of pushing out patches and all that, they do seem to hit a ceiling sometimes. They need to increase their capability a little more in this area.

For example, it lags sometimes when sharing content, pushing updates, and so on. These areas have been a bit inconsistent when we had the initial setup and it's improved slightly since then, but it's not quite there yet.

I have found that it's always been scalable enough for our purposes.

The customer service is very good. They have supported everything from their out-of-the-box solution and even more than that. They extended their support to other regions when we started using them. And for some of the areas that they already serve, they came out on-site to help support us.

It's pretty straightforward. For the initial setup, it took around four days because we had requirements that prevented us from using it immediately as an out-of-the-box solution. That is, our setup had to adhere to certain scenarios which took some time to configure properly. To deploy the entire customized solution, I'd say it took around two to three weeks in total.

We implemented a customized solution that was based around specific scenarios and we were able to get their support team out on-site to help us.

If you have a host of custom requirements (including licensing), make sure to set aside enough time for the initial setup because it can take up to a few weeks depending on how complex your environment is.

What other advice do I have?

I can surely recommend VMware Workspace ONE to others.

I would rate VMware Workspace ONE a nine out of ten.

More VMware Workspace ONE reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Jamf Pro
Learn what your peers think about VMware Workspace ONE. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.