VMware Workspace ONE Review

Stable and scales well but needs better training

What is our primary use case?

This solution is primarily used for mobility services. The solution has been mainly used for multiple platforms, including Android, Linux-based services, Windows, and MacBooks. If you want to access your organization data from anywhere, from any device, you do it via this solution.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very stable.

The solution scales well.

We've found the solution to be easy to use. Compared to other products, this is much better for MBM products.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to offer better training. We need to understand items such as third-party integration capabilities or new features before we start to work on a new implementation. Sometimes, this isn't clear and it can affect our work. The training that is available is quite expensive for us. They need to make it much more reasonable so that we can afford to be properly trained and informed.

Technical support needs to be more responsive to our requests. If something happens on a weekend, we won't get any help until at least the next business day.

I've been using the solution for the past two years at this point.

The product is very stable. We don't experience bugs or glitches per se. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution is quite scalable. If a company wants to expand it, they can. It's not difficult.

Currently in my organization, we are using the solution for 300 people. However, I have done installations for approximately five to six clients. In the last one and a half years I have done installations for different types of devices and have handled anywhere from 5,000 devices, and users all the way up to 10,000 users. In the latest deployment I'm working on has 30,000 users.

Technical support is pretty good. That said, if something happens on a weekend, we won't be able to get the support we need. It also sometimes takes a while to get everything resolved. We might have to email back and forth two or three times. It really should be faster.

I also have experience with Jamf Pro, however, that solution is specifically used for Apple products.

The initial setup can be straightforward, however, it depends on the installation requirements and the clients' requirements. It depends on if they want the DR setup or a DC or SA set up, and/or clustering. If the requirements increase, the time it takes will increase as well. If the prerequisite has been done clearly previous to the starting of the installation, then it will take much less time.

I implement the solution on behalf of clients.

I don't handle licensing or billing. Therefore, I'm not sure what the total cost is to our organization. I don't know if it's overly expensive or fairly reasonable. I'm purely a technical team member.

What other advice do I have?

I'm using the latest version of the solution.

I'm not a client. I'm an architect of Workspace ONE. I implement the solution for clients, so I don't use it directly per se. I implement all deployment models, both cloud and on-premises.

I'd recommend the solution to other companies.

Overall, I've been pretty satisfied with the solution. I would rate it at a seven out of ten. It has all of the features I need. We just need to be better informed when there are new features or changes.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implementer
More VMware Workspace ONE reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Jamf Pro
Learn what your peers think about VMware Workspace ONE. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.