VMware Workstation Review

Great for testing and solving connection problems

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this product is to connect to my virtual interpreter of VMs and the like. In the event of an emergency, or if the user wants to deploy a VM on his own virtual system, Workstation can create a number of VMs in their own system, without having to connect back to the network. We deploy this solution for our clients and have around 15 customers that are using it. We are resellers of VMware Workstation.

What is most valuable?

This product has a lot of good features and the basic one is for solving connection problems. Users can deploy the test machines or the VM machines on their own system and do the testing part. They can set up their own lab or own test set up on their system and do what they need.

What needs improvement?

I think that performance could be improved by making it more effective and less resource consuming. It's a little clunky.

The solution is stable, we haven't had any issues.

This solution is scalable - you can install it on your system and run a number of VMs which connect back to the central data, so it's inter-connectable, connecting access to VPNs.

The initial setup of this product was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More VMware Workstation reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about VMware, Parallels, Microsoft and others in Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI). Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.