Vormetric Data Security Platform Review

Reliable and stable with the ability to encrypt external memory

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to encrypt data.

We deploy the solution with an agent. With the help of an agent, we do the encryption on our file levels and on the database files which are coming from the support that the application is sending. The file is separated in the VF server. It a little bit of trouble in separating a log or dump files. We encrypt the file once the external thread takes that information and puts it into the system to use the data. We encrypt on a file server to keep everything secure.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature I can see in the current version is that we can encrypt external memory even if there is inactivity.

The solution is reliable and stable. You can edit it and it's flexible.

Anything you can think of, with Vormetric, you can do.

What needs improvement?

The solution really needs to improve the data pile. With the pile, if we could also do a column-level encryption or something like third-level encryptions that would be great. It would be a slight variation of same product.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The stability of the solution is very good. We haven't faced any issues at all. I work on it personally and haven't run into any problems.

The solution is scalable.

We use technical support via an automatic portal. I've reach out many times to support. When I've asked them questions, they have been able to help.

In just the past few years we've begun to use the solution. We haven't used any other product. However, I am aware of the market and what others are using. I find this solution, in particular, to be quite stable, which is why we continue to use it.

The initial setup was very simple. We were migrating and we had to follow a guide. The installation guide was great. It was simple to follow, and, as long as we did, all we had to do was try out some tests.

For the home environment, deployment took two or three days. However, if a company is going into production then it may take a bit more time. On the client-side, there will be a firewall, a server, and many other things in the environment to contend with. It may take five to ten days to deploy if you're talking about deploying on a production site. In house, we handled it, as I said, in two to three days.

After installation, it requires about two to three engineers to handle the maintenance due to the production activity.

I handled the implementation myself with the help of a diagram.

I'm unsure of the exact pricing of the licensing, but I'd estimate we pay approximately $5-7,000. There are licensing as well as support costs and other ancillary fees.

What other advice do I have?

We're Vormetric partners. We handle companies that range from small to large enterprises.

We originally started using the solution at version 5.3 and are currently on version 6.0.

If I talk about the Indian market, where I'm using the product, the companies here require very fast IT products. It's a good product and very stable. That's why a base of financial companies in India are using it.

We use the solution on a daily basis and handle maintenance on the solution daily as well.

I'd recommend the product based on its stability. In terms of file and data-level encryption capabilities, I'd say it is probably the best on the market.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.