vRealize Business for Cloud Review

A stable solution to assist with the billing and management of resources

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution integrator and this is one of the products that we implement for our customers.

This product is used by cloud providers to help manage their private and hybrid clouds. It is essentially a metering solution for VMware.

How has it helped my organization?

vRealize Business for Cloud integrates with the infrastructure and reports costs on resource usage.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the metering capability. It helps to bill clients on their usage of resources in the infrastructure.

What needs improvement?

The knowledge base is not available for the engineers, which is something that needs to be improved. The documentation can be improved, as well.

Stability-wise, this is a very good solution and we haven't heard about any problems with it from our customers.

Scalability has been good enough for our customers.

I have been in touch with technical support and find that they are good. We are satisfied with them.

Installation and integration are simple. However, the configuration and setting up the schema is something that has to be discussed in-depth with the customer. In more complex cases, it takes a good understanding and longer to design a correct schema.

The deployment, once it is designed, only takes a couple of hours.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to get as much information as possible from the vendor. It is important to understand it properly, in advance. If it is designed properly then you will get the best value because the scheme will be optimized.

Overall, this is a good solution and we have not had any problems, but I can't say that it is perfect because of the issues with the documentation and knowledge base.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More vRealize Business for Cloud reviews from users