vRealize Business for Cloud Review

Flexible hybrid or cloud automation by a product at the upper end of the product category

What is our primary use case?

Automation and obviously the commercial aspects of the product are our primary use cases.

Traditionally, we were mostly using an on-premise infrastructure, but in the last few years, we have done more with hybrid deployments. So we are generally traditional on-premise deployments but combined with cloud technology. Our model has significantly changed in the last few years as per the needs of the market and advancements in technology.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility of the solution is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

I think that the service could be improved by simplifying the pricing model. It does not seem to need to be so complex. It should be easier to interpret so that costs are more predictable.

As far as actual functionality or additional features, integration with the other VMware toolsets would be beneficial.

In total, I have been using vRealize for probably 12 years. Obviously it was not the cloud version for that entire time. I have been using the cloud version for the past few years.

The stability of vRealize has not been in question to this point from anybody at our organization.

vRealize Business is easy to scale, for sure. That is especially the case for those using the cloud solution.

The technical support team is normally very good. It depends on which team you are talking to. If you have to work with particular product groups or different teams, the support people are not always the same caliber. But normally and in general they are very good.

We are a service provider and we mostly provide infrastructure services. We have got some expertise with VMware. A specific customer that we are dealing with asked us to deliver VMware services. They also requested that the specific service that we implement for them was vCloud Director. We do not have those services in house, so we actually went to a third-party to acquire those services for the client.

We sell all of the VMware services including ESXi (Elastic Sky X Integrated), VSAM (Virtual Storage Access Method), and all the VMware products. We are a VMware platinum partner, so we sell all their services including VMware on AWS.

We also deal with Business for Cloud Orchestration and vCenter Orchestrator.

The setup and installation have all been straightforward. The deployment usually takes about two weeks.

We are working with VMware Stack and we have got a customer that is deploying Cloud Director. Because they are a service provider, we are providing services to them and they are requesting services from us. But the reason we were looking at comparisons between vCloud Director and vRealize Automation is just to compare why the client would not want to go with a completely automated solution. We were subsequently able to clarify the situation and differences for them because of the product evaluations.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend vRealize Business for the right situations. I think it works well especially for customers who are already on the VMware platform. Just to moving over to the cloud on VMware is much more simple than changing the platform. Switching platforms is not really worth the migration that is involved.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Business for Cloud as an eight-out-of-ten. It would not be any higher because there are always improvements that can still be made to any product and, of course, I find the pricing to be an unresolved issue.

Hybrid Cloud
More vRealize Business for Cloud reviews from users
...who compared it with Nutanix Xi Beam
Learn what your peers think about vRealize Business for Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.