vRealize Business for Cloud Review

User interface has a new look and feel and it is very easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to build a free communication environment for our customers and to validate the services of all organizations connected to the customer in different locations. Each location has its own IT, IT staff and IT infrastructure and we go to each of these to set up for them. The first step is implementing native ERS, IS, IAAS services, followed by PAAF or a similar solution. I'm a solution architect and project manager and we're a customer of vRealize.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it has a very easy and adaptive look and feel, compared with some other cloud solutions. So it's very easy to set up the first IAAS services for a cloud-aware consultant. If you have to set up very complex services with dependencies between the parameters, you have to do this programmatically in the Orchestrator Space of the Solution (in our used 7.6 version only JavaScript is available, but it is a well-known programming language.

What needs improvement?

It's not so easy to come up with improvements, there are some architectural rules and in HPE Cloud solutions they are very difficult to implement because you have an open spec. There are some things in the blueprint development that could be easier but that's my experience on using the 7.6 solution, not on the 8.0 solution.
For additional features, I will only be able to answer this once the solution is in production. For now we only have a POV in place but we will be switching that in the coming weeks.

I've been using the solution for about half a year.

At the moment, in the POC, we have a very huge issue because you definitely have to implement a vSphere cluster. In other cases, if you haven't established a vSphere cluster and you only have a single server to integrate in the vRealize environment, you will not be able to deploy any service. That's a big issue with the solution but if you're aware of the issue then it's easy to implement because you can establish a cluster with one server. It's not the best solution but it works.

We have no scalability limitations in our current project. We have about seven different locations, some of which are very small, in the WAN environment. We setup satellites from the vRealize location so that we can test implement what we all like to have.

We are currently negotiating our VMware enterprise license agreement so it's unclear what the licensing costs will be.

What other advice do I have?

It's a very, very good solution and comparing it to others, it's definitely a solution that works. From our point of view, we are in a native VMware environment and that works fine for us.

I would rate this product an eight out of 10. If it were an optimal solution and more simple to use, I would give it a 10, but it's not.

Private Cloud