vRealize Business for Cloud Review

Good cost management, good reporting and easy to understand

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our internal cloud or private cloud as well as for the external clouds. I also use it at home for my private cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

In terms of budgeting, we were able to better understand the cost to budget the yearly financials better. We could understand what we were using so we could eliminate what we didn't need or decommission it from the public cloud.

What is most valuable?

The solution's cost management is very good.

The product provides excellent daily reports.

They give you real value for how much you spent on the public cloud.

The solution is simple and easy to understand.

What needs improvement?

The solution's private cloud is much too expensive.

There should be an integration with the V center. They don't offer that yet, but they should.

I've been using the solution for about eight months.

It's running on the VMware cloud so it's stable. I don't see a problem there. I haven't experienced bugs or glitches and haven't had any crashes. It's been reliable.

The scaling out is based on the number of computers that a company has. I don't find a problem in the scaling out, the software does it for you. I don't know if there might be issues in a private cloud, but I don't think that would be the case.

We have about five administrators on the solution currently. Three of them are simply using the solution for reporting purposes.

I'd love to increase usage, but it's a bit expensive. We may stop using it in the future due to the pricing.

I did try other options including Nutanix Beam. They are all similar solutions, although I did like Beam the best. The graphical user interface was easy to understand. There were more reporting tools. I liked the emails and the reporting and monitoring. I like that it was accurate with the prices on the public cloud.

The initial setup was very straightforward. We found it to be quite easy.

I did the deployment with VMware resources and it took me about two hours to get everything up and running.

You only need one person for deployment and maintenance. In my company, that happens to be me.

I called the company and they were able to walk me through everything over the phone. For the most part, I handled the implementation myself.

The cost is a bit much, especially if a company wants to scale it up.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We aren't sellers or partners.

I'm not sure of which version of the solution we are currently using.

I'd advise other companies if they decide to implement the solution, to make sure they are using the right sizes.

It would be nice if they changed their pricing model, but I don't think that is going to happen.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. It's very good.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
More vRealize Business for Cloud reviews from users
...who compared it with Nutanix Xi Beam
Learn what your peers think about vRealize Business for Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.