vRealize Network Insight Review

It will show you what is happening on your network and what your network traffic is doing

What is our primary use case?

The primary scope of vRealize Network Insight is deployment of NSX to visualize north-south and east-west traffic. We mainly use it to implement data on the NSX.

How has it helped my organization?

It shows the customer what's going on their network. The product makes it much easier to show the customer the needs of their network virtualization. This is interesting because a network admin thinks they know what's going on in their network, but they don't.

We format the network flows with the customer for certain times. After that, we can see what their needs, sizing, etc.

What is most valuable?

It is the first time that you see what your network traffic is doing, where it's going, and where it's coming from. A customer is usually surprised to see how much data is being transferred from the Internet or to the Internet, but also from the east-west traffic as well. It's very interesting because VMware mainly configures their switches on a CLI-base.

If you have something you want to investigate further, you can just click on it. Then, you can investigate down to the point where you or the customer says, "That's enough information. I don't want to go any further." That's the intuitive part. We don't have to use any algorithms. It's all configured beforehand, which makes it easy and fun to use.

The solution helps reduce time to value, increase performance, provide deep visibility, and easily manage networks.

Three to five years.

The virtual appliance has rebooted, but overall, the stability is good.

The initial was straightforward. You can have it up and running in one hour.

It has brought more money into our company.

We show the solution to customers who need to implement NSX or will be moving into the virtualization, because even nowadays, there are still companies which are not virtualized. The graphical interface makes it easier for customers to see the benefits of it.

We also have Cisco customers who use Cisco switches. Cisco has a CLI tool where you can check throughput, performance, etc.

What other advice do I have?

Use the product. It's pretty cool.