vSphere Review
The best product for critical server virtual infrastructure.

Valuable Features:

Great product for critical production server virtual infrastructure. No any "gamers" in this area. Latest product can help more than previous. VMware Replication, vSphere Data Protection based on AVAMAR technology, new vCPU architecture and more new features says us that it is the one biggest product.

Room for Improvement:

Costs is very expensive. But some cutting features like Vcenter Operations Manager Fundamentls are available in starting versions of vCenter. It is good way for the best marketing from VMware. But Enterprise or higher versions are very expensive.

Other Advice:

Now I lead the Upgrade to vSphere 5.1 project in my Company. SSO installation are strange... need to involve DBA in this process. Scripts are not good... This installation must be re-produced. But new features are very great and interesting.

3 Comments

it_user4401VendorPOPULAR

Another advantage is that VMware ESXi Server uses RCLI (Remote Command Line Interface) instead of service console utilities so it is easier to be used.

24 February 13
kleegeekReal UserTOP REVIEWERTOP 20

I agree that the SSO component of the vSphere 5.1 upgrade is a chore to install. VMware could have done a better job of that process. I am working on a writeup on how to properly configure the database behind the SSO component.

28 February 13
kapilmalik1983ConsultantTOP REVIEWER

Just a quick question...........I have a number of guests on vcenter. My management wants a list of all VM servers. Is there a way I can extract csv file containing names of all guests......

29 September 13