vSphere Review
VMware ESXi is better than its predessor, ESX 3 & 4.

Valuable Features

Its high availability, hot memory and CPU enabled features. Not forgetting the Dynamic Resource Scheduler (DRS), vMotion, Storage vMotion and Dynamic Power Management (DPM).

Improvements to My Organization

We are beginning to experience less downtimes and if there is going to be any downtime, it is extremely minimised. Continously consolidating servers and utilising resources to save power and water.

Room for Improvement

We have noticed the great need for more power and memory requirements especially when the vmware servers (guests) start to request for more processing and memory.

Use of Solution

Since 2011.

Our deployment of VMware went smoothly.

The Vmware environment was available and stable when we first deployed it.

We had plenty of room to increase our environment so there is no problem with it.

Customer Service: We did it ourselves and did not include VMware.Technical Support: No support from VMware.

No, we went straight to VMware.

The initial setup was straight-forward.

Implementation Team

We implemented this solution with the support from IBM, and their support was pretty good.

Other Solutions Considered

No, we never evaluated any other options.

Other Advice

Since I don't have experience with other solutions, except Vmware, I like it and recommend others who are looking for such a solution to consider talking to VMware.