vSphere Review
​It has helped organise computing into more logical groups, instead of random physical servers.

Valuable Features:

• Scalability
  • Flexibility
  • Vmotion across vCenters

Improvements to My Organization:

It has helped organise computing into more logical groups, instead of random physical servers all over the place. It has also made the provision of new servers quicker and easier, allowed the space to build proper development infrastructure and also allows quick decommissioning.

Room for Improvement:

The webclient could use more features and a cleaner layout.

Use of Solution:

I've been using the product for 2 years.

Deployment Issues:

There were no issues with deployment. It was very smooth.

Stability Issues:

No issues encountered. It has really improved.

Scalability Issues:

I did not encounter any issues with scalability. This is much better now.

Previous Solutions:

No, I did evaluate Hyper-V and Xenserver, but stayed with VMware due to features, despite initial cost difference.

Initial Setup:

The setup was fairly straightforward. ESX is easy to configure and vCenter is intuitive on top.

Implementation Team:

We evaluated our current project vendor, but discovered we had more knowledge and accountability in-house.

Other Solutions Considered:

As I previously mentioned, we evaluated Hyper-V and Xenserver, but we decided to stay with VMware as a result of the features offered.

Other Advice:

I would recommend evaluating the features that match what you need before deciding. Use the 60 day trials to test.