vSphere Review
We needed to reduce the number of physical servers and maximize CPU usage.

Valuable Features

• Redundancy
  • Speed
  • Security

Improvements to My Organization

I had 300 physical servers, but now I need only six. It’s less noisy, much cheaper, and has less of a tendency to get hot.

Room for Improvement

I want to see a better hypervisor.

Use of Solution

I've used it for five years, since.

Deployment requires a special proficiency.

The product has good stability.

The stability is perfect, as long as you can afford it.

We work with a company that provides this service.

We work with a company that provides this service.

It was complex as we have many sites. Therefore, we needed to decide if we should put them all together in a single data center, or to use one instance of vSphere for all our data centers.

ROI

It's the best product on the market. I have never had anything that saved me more money than vSphere. I had 300 servers, each one cost us 15 thousand dollars, but now it’s much cheaper. Moreover, thanks to dynamic distribution I am able to maximize the servers' CPU usage.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It requires one person to manage it on a full-time basis.

Other Solutions Considered

We tested Hyper-V, and it was awful.

Other Advice

It costs a lot. You should go to a VMware 6 course.

1 visitor found this review helpful

1 Comment

Dan GillmanReal UserTOP 5LEADERBOARD

Please tell us a little more information. The review is very general and doesnt tell us anything accept you really like the product. Are you using vmotion? Did you pool the resources and does it provide more CPU or memory for your applications? Is everything running on one virtual switch? Did you use ISCSI or a NAS type solution? What made Hyper-V "Awful" ?

27 July 15