VxFlex (VxRack FLEX) Review

Has reduced our downtime on the servers and there is no more resource congestion

How has it helped my organization?

It has reduced downtime. Before on our previous solution, we used to have downtime on some of the servers because of the sort of convention. Currently, I've not experienced any downtime on any of the servers, and there is no more resource congestion.

What is most valuable?

All of the features are useful. We just started three months ago but we found that the issue we were having in our previous environment, which has high latency on the storage, we are not experiencing it anymore. The high ups on the storage are very good for us.

What needs improvement?

For now, we just started using it, so we've not really identified the area where we see anything lacking. Maybe after we use it for around six months we'll be able to know some areas. Moreover, we're still doing the migration. We've re-migrated from our old environment, we have migrated from VM to the new environment. So far so good. We do not really have a lot of challenges right now.

I think an area where maybe we'll need some improvement is that we have been, in our old environment, running VMware Virtual machines. We're also running Hyper-V virtual machines. But we recently discovered that migration of the Hyper-V virtual machines is a bit challenging. Maybe if Dell EMC can come out with a tool that will make it very easy for us to migrate the Microsoft Hyper-V machine, that may be an improvement.

I've been using the solution for three months.

The solution is very stable, and so far, so good. We don't have any issue with the security, and the environment is stable.

We've not added additional resources, but we believe that it's highly scalable. We believe that at any time we need to add resources we can easily add those resources to it. We don't have plans to increase usage, and we're using it extensively.

We've not reached any technical support since we started using it. Since we deployed this we have no cause to reach certain support.

Previously, we used to use Cisco before VxFlex. We switched because of the environment. We had high latency in the storage. Also, the underlying servers were obsolete. They were end-of-life.

The setup has been straightforward. We don't have many problems with the migration and so far it has been straightforward.

The OEM, Dell EMC, did the installation. Ten consultants did the installation for us.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend others use VxFlex.

I would rate the solution eight out of 10. I would rate it a 10 if they provided better integration with the other applications and offered a migration tool to easily migrate from Hyper-V.