VxRail Review

Good interface and fair pricing with a single point of contact for support

What is most valuable?

The finger click upgrade is the solution's most valuable aspect.

The single point of contact for support is excellent.

Management and monitoring tools are great. The solution has a very nice user interface and an easy to navigate dashboard. Everything that a company needs can be found on VxRail.

What needs improvement?

The downside of the solution is this: if one drive load is down, it will take some time to sequence the data. There is a need to improve on this a little bit. This inclusion of data just takes too much time. It should be improved. It should not take so much time in the case of a hard drive failure.

It should not be deployed on one hypervisor. There should be multiple hypervisors supported like Hyper-V or KVM.

I've been dealing with the solution for the last two years.

The stability is very good. We haven't had any issues at all. There aren't bugs or glitches. There aren't system crashes or anything of that nature.

The scalability of the solution is great. If an organization needs to expand out the service they can do so quite easily.

We're quite satisfied with the level of technical support provided. They're great. They're knowledgeable and responsive. There's absolutely no issue. It's a single point of contact for support for any issue whether it is VMware or any kind of hardware issue.

I have worked a lot on VxRail. I have also worked on Nutanix, however, not as much as I've worked on VxRail.

Nutanix performance is pretty good and they have something called a CVM, or controller VM. VxRail, however, is based on hardware connections. That's the major difference between the two. That is why the high ops of VxRail is better as compared to Nutanix. Nutanix is simply a different point of VL.

The solution's implementation is very straightforward. It will take, at a maximum, one hour to deploy all the nodes. It's not complex at all. It's easy.

The pricing is pretty typical. There is no difference in competitors for the most part. I cannot say VxRail is cheaper than Nutanix. There really is no significant difference to discuss.

What other advice do I have?

We are a gold platinum partner for Dell EMC.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.

I'd recommend the solution, however, it really depends on the company's requirements. If someone mentions having already used VxRail and not wanting to go with another hypervisor, the best recommendation from my side is to still go with VxRail. With VxRail, they have ample VMware so there's no issue with an upgrade or anything of that nature.

However, on the other hand, if you're going with something like and Acropolis hypervisor, which is both free and a Nutanix solution, and if you are a new organization that doesn't want to invest much, then I would suggest going with something like Nutanix instead. This is due to the fact that the Acropolis hypervisor has all kinds of features. It's very important for any smaller firm if they don't want to invest too much on the hardware, to go with Nutanix as it could be more affordable as a free solution.

More VxRail reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Nutanix Acropolis AOS
Learn what your peers think about VxRail. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.