VxRail Review

A very good and fast platform with good throughput and scalability

What is our primary use case?

I'm a reseller. I've been selling VxRail as well as Nutanix for about one to two years. My customers use this solution as a virtualization server for general virtualization and also for VDI. I am currently selling versions 70 and 71.

How has it helped my organization?

For the main boot systems where all virtual machines are deployed, it has been very effective on the throughput side. We have a much faster deployment of the machines after they are located on the host disk as compared to the storage side.

What is most valuable?

My customers use it for VDI. It has been very usable and very fast to use with VDI. On the VxRail side also, it has been very fast.

What needs improvement?

Its price needs to be improved. It is very expensive.

NSX should be licensed together. It will make the network virtualization layer more usable. It would be better if they come together in a bundle, not separately.

It has been very stable. I haven't seen many problems with it, and I do not have any complaints about it.

It is quite easy to scale. You just need to add more nodes.

Our clients are both medium and large companies. Most of our clients have a virtual environment, and they use VMware as a traditional infrastructure and add VxRail to it. As the company grows, the usage of this solution will also grow.

Their technical support is very good. It is 10 out of 10.

The initial setup is quite simple and very easy.

I live in Brazil, and my customers are from Brazil. It is quite an expensive solution. It is more expensive than the traditional environment.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend VxRail because is simple to use and administer. It just saves time in deploying the platform. Most of the teams are already able to use VMs and have experience with that. You just have to improve a little bit of storage knowledge. It is not very much different, and you don't have to learn a whole new platform. It is easy, and you should use it.

I would rate VxRail a nine out of ten. It is a very good platform.

More VxRail reviews from users
...who compared it with Nutanix Acropolis AOS
Learn what your peers think about VxRail. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.