VxRail Review

Good pricing, very good performance, and doesn't use too many resources

What is our primary use case?

Our goal is to deploy a new CITRIX environment - migration from actual legacy model (hardware) to this new solution.

How has it helped my organization?

Still waiting deliverance - delayed due SARs-COV2 restrictions.

What is most valuable?

The solution is good in terms of being resilient with resources. For example, it can process memory well.

We are packaging it with an HCI solution from VMware which pairs well with VxRail. It improves the solution.

The pricing is very, very good.

The overall performance is going to be elevated, giving the customers a better experience.

What needs improvement?

I can't speak to any missing features or weak aspects of the system just yet. We haven't had a chance to really dig in.

Currently we're still in the process of implementation .

The solution is stable. We haven't really worked on it yet, however.

We plan to scale the solution to 3,000 users and therefore we have a good idea of how much it can scale for us. We are pretty happy with it's potential to scale.

Technical support has been very good. We're very satisfied with the level of support they give us.

We previously used an older version of the solution. We switched so that we could change the load solution.

The solution hasn't really arrived yet. We're still in the process of the implementation strategy. We're working with our reseller in order to implement everything.

We're not sure how long deployment will take us in the end. That's yet to be seen.

We are going to deploy the solution in perhaps three months, we expect. At this point, we're going to plan the installation, plan the rollout of our actual solution between HPE Blade and the old solution. We're going to install VxRail, deploy Citrix environment, and so on.

We're getting our reseller to also implement the solution for us. Dell EMC offers installations and we've opted to let them handle it.

I wasn't involved in the negotiation of terms, therefore it's hard to discuss the ROI we expect.

We've found the pricing to be pretty good.

For the license option, we're buying a five-year solution. It's a full box. We buy the hardware and software solution for five years. Therefore, there's that VMware solution, licensing for five years, and the hardware valid five years of warranty. At this moment, there are no other fees.

We evaluated two other options before choosing this product. The first was Nutanix and SimpliVity from HP.

What other advice do I have?

We're a customer of Dell.

We have knowledge about the VMware solution. With VxRail, we will be increasing our knowledge. Therefore, we're expecting to improve our internal solutions and the overall solutions for our internal consumers.

While we haven't implemented it yet, we're expecting it will improve our environment a lot. We're excited to be working with it.

Overall, from what I have seen so far, I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

PowerEdge R542
More VxRail reviews from users
...who compared it with Nutanix Acropolis AOS
Learn what your peers think about VxRail. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.