VxRail Review

With SSD cache managed by vSAN technology, all servers have a faster experience

How has it helped my organization?

With SSD cache managed by vSAN technology, all servers have a much faster experience.

What is most valuable?

vSAN: It is the most valuable Software Defined Storage ever to manage all storage workloads, and also offers high availability.

What needs improvement?

It still has compatibility issues with the latest version of VMware vSphere 6.5. In fact, we spend around six months waiting for a confirmation and firmware upgrade to confirm this step.

Only in replication using native RP4VM software.

No issues.

They are always in touch with us doing whatever they can.

I used to use traditional infrastructure (blade servers and SAN storage). I switched for scalability and for the fast-growing data center that I have.

It is a little complex. We had a lot of technical discussions to set a proper plan and basic architecture.

Most of hyper-converged solutions require additional licenses for the virtualization layer (like VMware). Nutanix, for example, offers their solution (Acropolis) for free. So, you have to revisit your needs and budget.

Nutanix, Cisco HyperFlex, and HPE Hyper Converged.

What other advice do I have?

It is good choice if you are looking for flexibility and scalability for the future.