VxRail Review

RecoverPoint can rectify server issues or any corruption very quickly

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is company growth, where storage an compute is growing fast. VDI is due to be deployed imminently

How has it helped my organization?

We are opening new properties. This product has given us clear visibility into what we need technology-wise to grow.

What is most valuable?

ESRS: This gives us the confidence that when we are not monitoring our environment, then Dell Tech is, and can make us aware of any failures/pending issues before those issues impact us globally. We do not have the manpower to monitor 24/7, so this saves us significant costs on support contracts.

RecoverPoint: It give us peace of mind knowing any corruption or server issue can be rectified very quickly, making sure the business impact is minimal. It has also allowed us during our setup to failover an entire cluster. This is a significant improvement for our system availability.

Expansion: Our business is growing rapidly with new hotels being built and acquired. We need to scale our data centre quickly and easily. There is no in-depth config involved nor third-party needed, saving us time and money.

Support - fantastic! as we try to automate the business and the mundane processes , the support element with VXrail has helped us along this journey. We are having to make fewer calls chasing different Storage /Server / VMware / Network vendors , we now make 1 call!

What needs improvement?

The initial setup between the different Dell departments is fragmented (ESRS Team, onsite deployment team, RecoverPoint team, etc.). The engineers who come to rack/stack and do the initial config should be trained on all the areas and work with the different Dell departments whilst they are onsite to give a smoother install and better experience for customer.

At present, VxRail is a hyperconverged state of the art product being installed in a legacy way. We need hyperconverged install teams.

Before we had VxRail, we had stability issues. After installing VxRail, we did not experience issues.

Before we had VxRail, we had scalability issues. After installing VxRail, we did not experience issues.

I would rate technical support as a 10 out of 10.

We switched from converged to HCI for the ease of management and business growth.

The initial setup could have been easier. There were too many cooks with all the Dell departments.

Compare it to what you spent on your last solution. Look at other costs: Power, IT staff, time to manage the system, cost of expansion for the future versus current (all costs: human/power/kit).

We evaluated Nutanix, Nimble, Cisco... We went with Dell VxRail, as Dell were already a trusted partner, and it has great support and products.

What other advice do I have?

• Look at your pain points.
  • Look at where your business is and where it is going.
  • Look at the time currently invested by IT personnel to carry out mundane firmware and software upgrades.
  • Look at how you currently log support calls for different entities.