VxRail Review

The technical support is helpful and answers questions whenever we have issues with the product

What is our primary use case?

We use it for our applications, which are all homeward applications and on a Windows-based server. VxRail has performed well so far.

How has it helped my organization?

With VxRail, there is a single vendor with the hardware, software, and maintenance. Thus, there is a single vendor with whom we can contact. With other products of HPE, you have to procure different vendors and pay the hardware to HPE, the software to VMware, and the maintenance to someone else.

What needs improvement?

• They should add automation and activation going forward.
  • VxRail is missing some of the features that Nutanix has in its product.
  • Next release, we would like to see online applications.

Less than one year.

It is very stable.

It is scalable. When you are buying it, you have to buy a minimum of three nodes. After that, if you want to add more nodes, you can buy can buy them. You can also add-on additional compute and storage.

The technical support is very helpful and answers questions whenever we have issues with the product.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Compare the VxRail product to Nutanix. Nutanix has more features, but its pricing is higher.

We went with Dell VxRail because we have a good relationship with Dell EMC. The second reason was the price. We procured a very limited edition of VxRail.

We are currently looking at buying a full featured edition of a hyper-converged product. For example, we are considering buying Nutanix, HPE SimpliVity, VxRail (the third edition), or Cisco HyperFlex solution.

What other advice do I have?

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Stability
  • Scalability
  • Technical background of the company
  • Price.