VxRail Review

It is very stable and easy to scale out

What is our primary use case?

We use it to consolidate our data center footprint.

How has it helped my organization?

Hyper-converged solutions seem a lot easier to manage, especially with the single pane of glass view into all the management pieces of it.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its high performance.

The single pane of glass manager is a lot easier than having multiple systems to manage.

Being able to call one vendor instead of multiple vendors is a lot easier.

What needs improvement?

There are still some features which aren't built into Cisco, like virtualized networking, that use its applications. However, these can be purchased through another product as an additional licensing cost to us.

It is very stable. We've had no issues. The only thing that we have had to replace is the disk.

It is very easy to scale out.

We have used technical support for disk replacement.

We had legacy ESX infrastructure previously. It really came down to consolidating our data center, which is what drove our solution switch.

We had Dell EMC Professional Services come in and install it, then do the handover and some training,

We worked with Dell EMC directly. Our experience with them was great.

We looked at Cisco and HPE. A lot of what drove of our decision is because VxRail is VMware integrated, so it was easy to manage and learn.

What other advice do I have?

We are happy with the product.