WalkMe Review

Our users can get hands-on help in a self-paced manner while actually getting things done in our app, but WalkMe has a steep learning curve.

What is most valuable?

The builder is a good balance of being user friendly while offering advanced functionality. The ability to build very custom tutorials without needing major development resources is of great value. It also helps my team save time and therefore money when it comes to the customer journey.

How has it helped my organization?

WalkMe allowed our users to get hands-on help in a self-paced manner while actually getting things done in our app. They do not have to rely on watching videos or reading articles. This changed (and is still changing) the way we on-board our customers.

What needs improvement?

The app is sometimes sluggish and has a steep learning curve for users who are trying to build WalkMes and are not tech savvy. It also adds to our QA process where we need to verify that the WalkMes are working properly after every release.

I've been using WalkMe since 2013

No major issues to speak of apart from the initial time investment it takes. There were a few one-off issues here and there but the support team was quick to help.

Only one major instance but WalkMe's support team was quick to resolve it.

No issues have been encountered yet.

We are focusing on a specific segment of our customers before fully rolling WalkMe out to everyone who uses our app, but no issues to report so far.

The level of customer service is excellent. The team is responsive, keeps a personal relationship, and offers a lot of help and advise as we go. They also communicate major changes and updates as they happen.

Technical support has been great so far, very responsive and thorough. They have great documentation and use their own product to teach customers how to use it (meta!).

No, I did not use a previous automated solution. There weren't many options available in the market and WalkMe stood out as a unique solution that solved our problem.

The basic functionality is easy to grasp but building what I needed required more advanced knowledge of WalkMe and took more time and resources than expected.

The implementation was in-house. We did not need a vendor to implement WalkMe for us. It was straight-forward and the team offered us training and on-going support as we went.

The main ROI is reduction in support and training volume from our end-users. The savings in time and effort reduce our running expenses.

My contract is probably unique due to us signing up when WalkMe was a younger company, so I don't have relevant advice.

Yes, we evaluated a company but it folded shortly after we saw a demo. I do not recall the name of that company but it was based in Canada.

What other advice do I have?

If you have a lot of steps to on-board your users and have a web product that is fairly complex to grasp, I highly recommend WalkMe. The service is exceptional and the software itself is slick.