WALLIX Bastion Review

Great video recording capabilities, but some performance issues need to be addressed

What is our primary use case?

Within our company, there are roughly 200 employees that use this solution, including partners and outsourced employees.

There are two of us that handle all maintenance-related issues.

How has it helped my organization?

We have seen a lot of improvement, especially in regard to our forensic investigations. We have better data — not just faster, but better data.

What is most valuable?

The security, its video recording capabilities have definitely been key for us. The reason why we deployed this solution in the first place was for the video recording features.

I have been using WALLIX Bastion for five years.

This solution is both very stable and scalable.

Their support is fine both locally and remotely; though we work with them much more remotely. I would say they're doing a good job.

The initial setup is pretty easy. It didn't take us that long time; I think it took one week in total. The integration and the performance of the system took some time to stabilize because, in the beginning, we had to do some complicated configurations.

We are currently considering installing another solution (CyberArk) because we want to separate our external access and internet access. We want to keep our internal access on WALLIX, and our external access on CyberArk.

For the purpose that it was built, WALLIX was the recommended tool. However, now that we are growing, we need some more flexibility. We can't put all of our eggs in the same basket. So, we decided to find an alternative to WALLIX, just to make sure that if we have some security issues on one side, we are not fully exposed — we have a backup plan.

What other advice do I have?

I wouldn't advise others to start with a huge license. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of seven.

There are some features we have not tested yet like two-factor authentication. If I had, maybe I could give it a higher rating. For me, the main issue has to do with the system performance itself. If you don't size it properly, it will be very difficult to handle. We bought our licenses based on the number of devices that we can manage, but it seems like we have a limitation on the number of people that can gain access, which has been pretty difficult to handle.

More WALLIX Bastion reviews from users
...who compared it with CyberArk Privileged Access Manager
Find out what your peers are saying about WALLIX, CyberArk, One Identity and others in Privileged Access Management (PAM). Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.