WatchGuard Application Control Review

It does the job of what it says it does, we set it to what we want it to block and then it blocks it

What is our primary use case?

We use it internally and we are an MSP for lots of other companies that use it as well. Our primary use case is to block applications.

What is most valuable?

It does the job of what it says it does. We set it to what we want it to block and then it blocks it.

What needs improvement?

They could expand the amount of applications that are on the list, but it's pretty intensive anyway, so it's pretty good.

I have been using this solution for five years.

We don't get any issues or bugs with it. The stability is good.

There are two IT guys who use it in our company.

I have contacted their technical support and they were very, very good.

The initial setup was reasonably simple. It took us a couple of hours to get it all set up and working with all of the firewalls set. Our own team did the setup.

It comes in the main licensing costs from the WatchGuard if you buy the license. I don't know about the prices there.

What other advice do I have?

WatchGuard does what it says it does. Definitely use it. If you want to block applications, then definitely use it.

I would rate it an eight out of ten. There's going to be newer apps that are probably not going to be blocked straight away, but then they are in time, so it's not really an issue.

Find out what your peers are saying about WatchGuard, Untangle, Carbon Black and others in Application Control. Updated: June 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.