WatchGuard Data Loss Prevention Review

Amazing support, good stability, and useful for compliance

What is our primary use case?

We use it to meet our compliance.

What is most valuable?

It is something that we need for compliance, and it has been useful. Their support staff is also amazing.

What needs improvement?

They need to stop the VLAN limitation. They have a VLAN limitation on the size of their boxes. It is the worst thing ever. They basically sell their boxes by the size and the number of VLANs it can handle, which is a real issue. You spend a couple of thousand dollars for a firewall, and you can only do 30 VLANs, which is extremely silly, as a matter of fact.

It would be really great to have something for easier mass rule changes. It also needs a drag-and-drop function so that you don't have to constantly duplicate firewall rules. It would be nice to have such a feature because you got one WatchGuard, and you want to mirror its config and change a couple of things in another one and move some things around. It is not as easy as you would necessarily think.

It is kind of expensive, and its pricing can be a little better for sure.

I have been using this solution for a couple of months.

Its stability is good.

It is not very scalable. If you need more than 30 VLANs, you got to upgrade to the next biggest box. You have to change the hardware box and swap the boxes.

Their tech support is great.

We used a different solution. We switched because the other company was unethical. They did some unethical things that we weren't too happy with.

It is easy. The GUIs of WatchGuard System Manager and WatchGuard are different. You have to know where to go and look in both places to set them up.

We have four admins in my company for its deployment.

It is kind of expensive. I buy it on the appliance. I always buy three-year total security.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would rate WatchGuard Data Loss Prevention an eight out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about WatchGuard, Code42, IDERA and others in Data Loss Prevention (DLP). Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.