WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service Review

Good VPN and filtering features, 100% stable, but needs a better graphical user interface and more training

What is our primary use case?

We basically use this solution to filter traffic so that the network can be secured and no one can hack the network. We are using WatchGuard as a gateway security product. It is installed on the gateway to filter the traffic for our network, stop access to malicious websites, and protect our interwork network from any kind of hack attempt from outside.

We are also using the VPN feature. The traffic is encrypted via a VPN, and no one can hack it. We are using the latest version of this solution.

What is most valuable?

The VPN and the filtering features are the most valuable. Its VPN is very strong, and its services are very nice.

The main problem in India is the service. There are not enough Check Point and Fortinet Firewall services, but for this product, the service is very good.

What needs improvement?

Its graphical user interface could be improved because not everybody is technical. There is a lack of knowledge, and they can give some training for this solution.

I have been using this solution for three months.

It is 100% stable. Our technical team had tested this product before buying it.

We have approximately 500 to 700 users who are using this solution in our company.

I haven't used their support.

It is easy to install. If we have all the required information about static IP, private and personal IPs, and network series, it takes just 10 to 15 minutes to install.

We have seven technical guys for its deployment and maintenance.

It is not expensive. Other products like Fortinet and Check Point are of the same price.

What other advice do I have?

I would 100% recommend this solution to others. We plan to keep using this solution in the future.

I would rate WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service a seven out of ten.

More WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service reviews from users
...who compared it with Check Point IPS
Find out what your peers are saying about WatchGuard, Cisco, Trend Micro and others in Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS). Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.